Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thoughts on The Office.

Well, ladies and gents, it is the sad end of an era. Tonight marks the finale of The Office. Let me just say, I bawled like a baby. It was ridiculous, actually.

You see for me, The Office was more than just a TV show. I remember my family watching The Office together when it first came out. Gosh, The Office was a source of so much laughter and tears and just good times in general. I remember my dad laughing so hard at every single "that's what she said joke," which I got one last glimpse of tonight. I remember when my family deduced that my dad is a mix between Michael Scott and Jack Donaghy- a scarily accurate deduction, too, for anyone who does not know my father. The Office was a unifier for my family. It was airing from the time that I was 10 to almost 19. It's sad to see something that I followed so religiously for 9 years come to an end.

How can one not love the characters and the simplicity of the show? From the looks into the camera and pranks from Jim to the ridiculously inappropriate statements of Michael Scott, to the absurdity of Meredith and Creed and the lovability of Erin and Pam. From the hilarious actions of Dwight and Andy the entirety of the Office cast, really, to the creative and sweet storyline that kept me enthralled for 9 seasons. I think it's rare to find a cast and a storyline that meshed so perfectly into a cohesive unit that was able to grow into a perfect semblance of reality that allowed so many viewers to relate to the characters.

Here's to The Office. I am always going to look back on the show with such fondness and I am sure I will watch the series in its entirety many times to come!














No comments:

Post a Comment